Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-08-2014

Can readyboost make usb to work slow

I had turned on readyboost on my 32gb pen drive. It has a usb 3.0 storage on the same. And I had assigned around 4GB for readyboost. I use the pen drive for data backup purpose. From last few days I am noticing a slow transfer speed on the same. And this happened when I turned no ready boost. I want to know that does ready boost cause any performance issue with the pen drive. I use to get around 50mb/s of transfer speed which is now reduced to 20mb/s.
Old 14-08-2014

Re: Can readyboost make usb to work slow

It can cause issue. Because when you connect the pen drive to yur pc and when ready boost is on, it will continuously utilize your usb as a virtual ram. And the speed can affected. To test you can turn off ready boost and check. For that connect the pen drive and right click on the same. Choose properties. Go to Readboost tab and select do not use this device. Eject the drive and connect it back again. Now transfer the files and check. I am quiet sure you will get a proper output here.
Old 18-08-2014

Re: Can readyboost make usb to work slow

Sometime this issue is occurred to due to port issue. I am using also readyboost on my 2.0 usb pen drive. But I had not faced the performance issue that you are talking. You must change the port and check once again. Try updating the usb drivers which will help you a lot more in dealing with the issue. You can find the drivers online on the basis of your motherboard model. Add the same and test back. For copying files you can use Teracopy. It is a fast and reliable file copier that works well and maintain good speed.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,