Thread: What are the chances available to recover data from damage rar archive

What are the chances available to recover data from damage rar archive

I have some rar archive with me. I had created this to copy my data on multiple places. The archive is around 700MB in size. This consist of images, and documents. I was selling my old laptop in which I made this archive. I was not having enough space in my pen drive. So I compressed them. I also uploaded a copy on Google Drive. Now when I trying to extract them in a new Windows 8 pc it is giving me a damage rar file message. I have lots of important things in it. I cannot extract a single file also.

Re: What are the chances available to recover data from damage rar archive

Dear Xiti,

Ok, As you are getting a message on your Win 8 PC that your rar file has been damaged, So After reading your post, I have tried to google some manual method to repair rar file and also unzip all files in a single click. But sorry to say dear, there is no any manual method to resolve same issue, So i think you can try any third party tool to resolve this issue which can help you to repair your zip file & also unzip.

At last, my friend also faced same issue & try a third party tool something name as SysTools. I am not aware of that company, but he told me that zip corruption issue has been resolved by using this SysTools Zip Repair. So you can also try demo version from there.

PS: The above suggestion for third party utility is on behalf of my personal experience so make sure about the product before purchasing it.

The file might have got damage while transferring or moving. It is recommended that you must download the one from Google Drive. Download it and then try to extract the file form it. It is not possible to recover or repair a rar file. I had did this long before but no tool worked. It is also not possible to partially recover the file. But still you can try suing some software from the web. Download from popular site only. Do not download cracks or freeware. They will install malware on your system.

I had tried a few zip repairing software. Some of them had helped. But it takes a really long time. You have to run them and leave aside and it will keep on extracting the file. There is one free tool that I want to recommenced you. It is DiskInternals ZIP Repair. The tool will help you simply fix the damage zip file and it will work. You have to run this and leave the pc aside. If this does not work then you can try using other tools that are also available online. The free edition does not give you much feature but it is helpful.

The chances are very less. Still you can try. I am sharing a old article based no this which can help you to identify if there are some accurate software. I had simply deleted my old zip files which are having this issue. I removed them because it is not easy to get files from them. Winrar must have some option through which it can give us partial file even when the rar file is damage. Because this makes your job easier. You dont have to worry about loosing all your data. You have some left and they are recoverable.

How to repair corrupt zip file

There is a rar repair tool that will available and can also help you in recovering the file. The issue is that it will work only well the entire rar is recoverable. I had tested this software on a small file which was archived but this thing worked on the same. It gave me the file. The rar was damaged while downloading the same from mail. Just download this file and install it in the system. And then run the same through which you can recover file. It will be very easy to use also. If this does not work then I am not sure other tool will also work or not.

There are free RAR file openers available online.You can extract your data then, such tools for RAR archives helps in the extraction of protected files.

I am quiet searching for the solution on the same from long time and I am not able to figure out how this thing actually works. Sometime a tool works and give you the kind of output you are looking for. But sometime it does not. There are some command line based tool that will help you to get the file. You can extract the same through cmd and get the file output. But the process is very slow. You have to lave the process aside and let it run. Or else it will not work. Compare to Windows, Mac is lot more effective in recovering the file.