Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-07-2014

Restoring deleted registry keys back with CCleaner

I had scanned my system with CCleaner. It has a integrated registry cleaner. This shows up a lot of empty keys. I cleared those up. Later on I restarted my pc. While working the system crashed with bluescreen. This has happened only once. I want a bit help here to restore those registry things back. I think due to that I am getting the bluescreen. I checked inside CCleaner but I am unable to find anything that can help me to restore the keys. I hope there will be some way for doing the same. Does system restore will work.
Old 17-07-2014

Re: Restoring deleted registry keys back with CCleaner

Hi,

If you want to restore registry backups, then Right click on the .REG file created and select Merge. By default , these files will be present in your ?My Documents? folder.
Old 17-07-2014

I do not think so. Once you are had done with deleting the files you cannot restore them. There is no option available for the same. You must have taken the backup of your registry files before doing the same. Then only it is going to work. Without that you will keep on getting the issue. To get more information on the blue screen crash go in Event Viewer. There you can find a detail description about the error and the files which is causing the crash. On that basis you can restore the program.
Old 18-07-2014

It is complicated to get your registry files back if you had done changes in the same. You can do one thing. Try to run system restore. I am quiet sure that will help you in fixing the issue. But it will also make changes in the programs which you had recently installed in your system. This will be removed from the pc. You can try testing out the same. It is not really recommended to use registry cleaner tools as they are not safe. After running them there are chances that you get more errors.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,