Thread: Streaming online mp3 files on VLC

Streaming online mp3 files on VLC

I want to stream audio files through vlc. I have a list of some blogs and website that has linked audio files in it. But when I click on them at around 5 to 8 different sites open up. And each time they ask me to install some codec. I do not want to do that. I just want to stream the audio file. And the entire browse starts freezing. It looks like this site of website spread malware. I had seen vlc is able to stream this kind of audio files. But how I am not sure about that. I want some help for the same. Does anyone knows about this.

Re: Streaming online mp3 files on VLC

Yes you can do that through vlc. And there vlc is only going to stream the audio files. You dont have problem with extra popups that appear on your page. For that right click on the song title and choose copy link address. Then just launch VLC Player. And in that click on Media > Open Network Stream. Copy paste the url of song in that and click on ok. That's it. VLC will start streaming the mp3 file which is linked on the page. In this way you can stream any online audio file.

Re: Streaming online mp3 files on VLC

I am using IDM for such sites. I just add the url in site grabber and filter the same through audio files. That means site grabber will scan and locate audio files only. And only those files will be downloaded. You do not have to open any url or click on any link. Site grabber does the same. This is far more better than streaming. Anyhow you are going to spend your bandwidth on streaming audio file. The best thing you can do is just download the same and test back. I am quiet sure that will work well.