Thread: Is it possible to use WSUS with any third party tool

Is it possible to use WSUS with any third party tool

I just want to know that does it is possible to use WSUS with some third party software. I am unable to find any solution for the same. I am having a bit issue with WSUS. Sometime it works well but sometime it does not. There are ample of pending updates in the same which is also causing the same issue. I want a bit help here find a third party help that can initiate WSUS and check whether it is working fine or not. That means if this fails you can simply rely on the third party software.

Re: Is it possible to use WSUS with any third party tool

I do not think that it is possible. WSUS is itself a service that simply works well if you configure it properly. If it is not then you have to troubleshoot the same. It is not going to work properly with any third party software. I had searched on web there is no third party software which can really help you to update and configure windows update. You have to reconfigure the same. You can find ample of help articles on the same on web.

It is correct. Can you explain in detail what actual issue you are facing. If WSUS is failing then it can be due to improper settings. Once applied the application works automatically and it deploy the updates on all systems. But if it is not then you have to reconfigure it from scratch. The best thing you can do is simply refer to the different kb articles which are on the Microsoft site. Just follow the steps mentioned on the same. That will work.

If you are having issue with online update then you can try using WSUS offline update. This will help you in fixing the problem. WSUS Offline Update is a secondary tool that works in the same manner. This tool will help you to update all your systems on the lan without having a internet connection. You can just update the same and then go ahead with getting the latest update on all pc. Just download and test this software. This might help.

There is one tool but it works differently. It is called as PDQ Deploy. The tool is used to install different applications and patches on your pc. It works quiet like WSUS. You can test this by downloading a trail edition and if you are happy with the output you can upgraded to a full edition. When you use the trail edition you get limited access to PDQ Deploy package library. Through this you can simply install a msi on different computers. Just test it.

WSUS is used to run windows update on different pc. A update is downloaded on single pc and then it is deployed on multiple. If you have no success in fixing problem with WSUS then there is one more tool you can try. It is called a Patch IT by X4 software. It is a multi patching program that will help you to deploy updates on different pc on the lan effectively. Being a advance tools you have different parameters in the same to use.