Thread: Microsoft Word crashes while scrolling

Microsoft Word crashes while scrolling

I am having a weird problem with Microsoft Word. It is crashing when I am trying to scroll down. I have around 20 images in the file. That made the file very large but it is my project work. There are few links also. When I try to scroll down the page stuck in between and then I get a message on the screen that Microsoft Word is not responding. I have to end the process and install it back again. How to fix it. It was working fine before.

Re: Microsoft Word crashes while scrolling

The first thing you must do is create multiple copies of that file and keep it save somewhere on your pc. Try not to mess with the existing file. If the data is corrupt then you will face issue. It looks the file is having some damage content. You must try to save as it on a different location and then try to open it back. It will not crash. If it will still crash then upload the file on OneDrive and open it. Verify the internal content and download it back.

Re: Microsoft Word crashes while scrolling

There is one more way to resolve the issue. You can run a repair setup of office. It is also quiet simple. All you have to do is go in the Control Panel > Uninstall program and from there you have to click on Microsoft Office. At the right side you get change/remove. Click on that and choose repair. That's it. This will fix the issue. Then try to open the file once again. Repair installation will be like a new setup.