Thread: Audio stop working after adding a gpu in HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8000n

Audio stop working after adding a gpu in HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8000n

I don't know what happen but audio simply stopped working after I added a gpu in HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8000n. I am upgrading the system by a new gpu and a 2GB ram. I connected that and then restarted the pc. First there was no display. But later when I removed and card and reconnected it back, it started working. But now there is no audio. I did not touch anything. I had connected small desktop speakers on the front side.

Re: Audio stop working after adding a gpu in HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8000n

Did you checked by connecting the speakers on the back port. There are three ports among which green one is for audio output. Just connect the speaker on that and see. If it works then you had messed with the front audio connector on board. It can be loose or removed. You have to open your system case and look for a F audio connectors. Just try to locate the connector and place it back on the board. There are multiple F audio connecters available on the motherboard.

Re: Audio stop working after adding a gpu in HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8000n

This can be a driver problem. You have to re-install that and check back. For that right click on My Computer and then click on Manage. There you have to click on Device Manager. In that check the sound and audio devices. Right click on that and update driers. The second easy of adding drivers is by simply download the same from the official site of HP. And then installing it over your system.