Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2014

Unable to re-install WD Smartware on Windows 8

I am trying to re-install WD Smartware on Windows 8 and I am getting a access denied error. The software is installed long before and now it is of no use. So I was just cleaning my system by removing all unwanted application from the system. I started with WD Smartware. When clicked on it to remove it is giving me access denied error. What does the error means and how to get rid of the same.
Old 09-05-2014

Re: Unable to re-install WD Smartware on Windows 8

Looks like you are not in the admin account. To remove any program you will need admin access. Or else you will get the same error. Press Windows key + L and click on the account that has full admin access. And then try to remove. If you are in logged in as admin and still getting the error then it means your system is having some virus issue. You can try to remove that in safe mode and scan with a antivirus.
Old 10-05-2014

Re: Unable to re-install WD Smartware on Windows 8

Check b y removing any other application. If you are getting the same error then means there is a virus issue. You can try using a third party uninstaller also of the regular procedure does not work. Revo Uninstaller is simple to use. It is quiet fast and help you to get rid of many old applications. It is very simple also. I am using this to remove application from Windows 7 pc. You don't have to go in control panel for that.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,