Thread: Removing old backup from WD Smartware and starting a new one

Removing old backup from WD Smartware and starting a new one

How to get rid of old backups created by WD Smartware. I want to add more files here. I am thinking to create a new one back from scratch with all required folders. What I found that I cn add but I cannot remove anything which is already configured in the software. I am unable to see any delete button. I need a bit help here. Does anyone knows how to wipe out the old backup. Should I format the drive. Will that help.

Re: Removing old backup from WD Smartware and starting a new one

Do not format. There are some software in the drive which are used by WD Smartware to access the content. You can remove the old backup. Go in the drive and just delete those folders. And then launch WD Smartware add the folders back again and sync them. That will do the job. This one is the easiest way to fix the issue. You can try configuring the entire backup back again. Just delete the files from the drive and check back.

Re: Removing old backup from WD Smartware and starting a new one

When you create a backup it creates a entry in the software. You can remove that. I found WD Smartware very basic software. It has very limited option when it comes to backup. There must be more. I shifted to FBackup. It is quiet better than windows backup. Because here you have simple way to save files in your drive. You can modify the backup anytime you want. Not like WD Smartware where due to low settings you cannot customize your backup files.