Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014

How to clone recovery partition on separate hard drive

How to clone recovery partition on a desktop pc. I am having a dell desktop which has a recovery partition and it is hidden. I want to move that to another hard drive. I am having a 80GB separate drive. I want to move the recovery partition to this 80GB drive so that if anything happens I can keep the recovery partition safe somewhere. I am not able to find any tool for doing this. I am having a genuine windows 7 in the recovery partition.
Old 03-05-2014

Re: How to clone recovery partition on separate hard drive

You can using some clone disc software which will help you in moving the recovery partition. But I am not really sure that this is going to work or not. There can be problem with the system. You can still try the same. Instead of moving you can backup the same. Usually the recovery partition remains hidden in windows system. It is not readable. And it used for the restoration at the time of any problem. So do not have to worry.
Old 05-05-2014

Re: How to clone recovery partition on separate hard drive

The best thing you can do is create recovery dvd. You already have the partition in your system. You can burn those data on a dvd and you can keep it aside. So in case if anything happen it will be easier for you to restore through the dvd also. It will be fast and reliable. Just check in your system that you are having a option for making recovery dvd. It is not possible to move the partition. You have to recreate it from scratch.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,