Thread: cant create Windows 8 rescue disk with Macrium Reflect

cant create Windows 8 rescue disk with Macrium Reflect

I have recently installed Macrium Reflect software on my Windows 8 computer without any issues. But whenever I am trying to make a rescue disk then Windows 8 shuts down with a blue screen of death and I get the below error message:
    "DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION psmounterex.sys"

No matter how many times I try to create a disk, it will simply show me a BSOD screen and I cannot do anything. Any ideas how do I get this software to work in Windows 8? Thanks

Re: cant create Windows 8 rescue disk with Macrium Reflect

Well, on my Windows 7 pc I simply burn the ISO file to CD by right clicking on the ISO file and selecting the menu of Open With and then click on the Windows Disc Image Burner. Just ensure that you have a blank CD in your CD drive and then all you need to do is simply burn it. After it is finished the CD will automatically eject and then just push the tray back in and restart your computer. You will then be able to boot into the Macrium and restore along with other features, note that just select the first boot device set to your CD-Rom.

Well, I was able to use the Macrium Reflect on my Windows 8 machine and was also able to create images and rescue cd without any issues. For Rescue CD, just click on Windows PE option > Pre-built Windows PE Rescue Media and then write that on the CD from which you will boot from and review the image that you have created if it was fine. There was no problem for me restoring images using this software on my operating system at all.

I really dont understand why you are getting BSOD because it is working fine for me. Anyways, if you want to create a Rescue Disk then you will need to download a free version of Windows PE that is around 1.5gb in size. You can easily get the ISO built for this from a vhs. After that just download this and burn to a CD or else you can also use "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" to create a bootable Usb stick if you would like. Hope this helps.