Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2014

Not able to add Youtube video on Powerpoint

I want some help to add YouTube videos in PowerPoint. I had tried doing this before, but when I add the video the application crash. I want to put some tutorial videos which will be used in presentation later on. But I am unable to find a proper way for doing the same. Is there anyone who can help me to get a straight way of doing this. I just want to import the videos.
Old 21-02-2014

Re: Not able to add Youtube video on Powerpoint

You can add videos if you want. This would make the file bit heavy but will help you to run those videos on offline mode. You have to first download the YouTube videos which will be flv format. Then you have to convert that to avi or mp4. In PowerPoint just import the video files in a slide. That's it. When you save the presentation the file will remain in it.
Old 22-02-2014

Importing video files is a nice solution, but as you said this makes the file bit heavy. You can try to compress the video resolution to get a more lightweight video files. I am sure you will not need any third party app for that. I think you can convert that to light avi file format. Use TVC for the same. You can convert files in a trail edition.
Old 24-02-2014

If you want you can embeds YouTube videos. For that you have to copy the html code of video. Go on YouTube and click on share under any video. There you can find a embed section. Click on that and add a tick on Use old embed code. Copy the html file. Then go in PowerPoint and choose from the top menu, video from website. Add the html code in that. Click on insert. That's it you will see the video. You can resize that video if you want.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,