Thread: How to repair a PDF

How to repair a PDF

How to repair a PDF

Hi,
    I am having a problem trying to open a PDF file. Ever time I attempt to open, Adobe Reader loads, but displays a rather cryptic error message:

There was an error opening this document. Access denied.

It's not a case of permissions, as I have administrative permission and can open all other PDFs on the server.
    I cannot copy it or move it and it is being skipped over by the backup server.

All of this suggests to me that the file has become corrupted. Can anyone suggest a way of recovering this file without paying an outside vendor or using licensed software?

Re: How to repair a PDF

There are some password remove tool available. That you can use to remove the encryption. It is only possible to repair that file if it is not completely damage. If you had got the file in the same manner through email, you have to contact the sender to send it pack. It is complicated to fix corrupt files downloaded from email attachment. If something happened in your system you can try some repairing tools. There is no 100% surety that it will work. Try to upload the file on Google Drive after removing the password and then open it.