Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013

Cross platform online backup solution

I am looking for a cross platform online backup solution. I am looking something very useful that can help me to keep different files. I am using Google Drive rightnow. But it is very basic. It is just a folder and does not allow me to manage anything. I want a advance tool that I can use on different OS like Windows and Linux. I need some help to find a good tool with reasonable storage and advance options.
Old 04-12-2013

Re: Cross platform online backup solution

What is wrong with Google Drive. You can even keep that thing in the pen drive. It allow you to backup files instantly on Google Drive that you can later use to modify and share with other people. I will still recommend you to Google Drive.
Old 05-12-2013

There is a popular online solution called as Carbonite. It is one of the most popular online backup service. The best thing is that a desktop client comes almost for all platform. This is amazing online backup solution which I am using from long time. It works really well and offer you a good storage space also. It is popular and widely used by many. This tool give you option to backup all your documents automatically as per your need. It backup all the email, music and other files through the desktop based client. You can work on different permission stuff. You can allow and disallow access as per your need. I found the tool very effective and you can even have all the files on your smartphone. It is fast and works really well. I will recommend you to test this one before using it. You just have to create a free account on the same. The only issue is that this service is not free. You will only get a 15 day free trial and later on you have to buy a online plan for backup stuff.
Old 06-12-2013

You can find ample of free online storage solution instead of going for paid one. There are many available. One among them is Dropbox. This service is common and works really well and also offer you cross platform support.
Old 07-12-2013

Try SpiderOak. It is a online backup solution but also has a desktop based software. You can use the same to copy your files and keep your data secure. Wherever you go you will have to install the desktop client. It is not going to work on its own. Almost all backup software comes with the same kind of features. SpiderOak is secure. It offer you a encrypted solution through which your data remain secure on the server. You can simply move the data in cloud and save a various amount of file formats. You can save media files, documents, or movies. There is advance option also available through which you can configure network drive on the same. A dedicated application is available for the iOS and android device. SpiderOak offer you a combined tool for using on pc as well on for portable platform.
Old 09-12-2013

Try comodo backup. You will get a 10GB of space free for the first time when you register. That is really more than enough. You can store a huge amount of data on the same. I will recommend you to try this one.
Old 10-12-2013

Among many free online backup solution Bitacasa is one. I am using it and it is nice. This is the only service which gives you unlimited storage facility. You can keep your document on the cloud and access them from anywhere. It works nicely and does not has OS issue. All you need is a good bandwidth to access your file. This starts with a beta edition which is yet used by many. It offers you a huge amount of storage space to keep many things on the cloud. I had seen many people using it for streaming videos. They keep hd videos on this cloud storage and then use to for video streaming. IT is very easy to use and has a innovative back end. I will recommend you to try this one if you don't want any kind of limitation when it comes to storage. Your storage job gets easier and easier once data is stored and then you can download it anytime as per your need.
Old 11-12-2013

I think for such thing Google Drive is the best and simple solution. You have a nice tiny app through which you can access your files and it is available for
many platforms. It is simple to manage also. Do not forget to delete your data once you stop using a system.
Old 11-12-2013

I know a software named Easeus todo backup which can easily help you clone one identical hard disk of your previous one without causing any damage of your previous information. It is suitable for any type of Windows system and Mac, it is the best choice of cloning hard disk.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,