Thread: Which is the best free cloud software for Windows

Which is the best free cloud software for Windows

I need a simple cloud software for my system. I only want to configure storage on the same. But I cannot find any good tool. I can locate ftp software only. I want a cloud tool through which I can simply upload all files and access them through different devices. Like on my tablet or laptop. I want everything on the web. Most the data is multimedia files. Like photos, audio, video, etc.

Re: Which is the best free cloud software for Windows

What actually you need. A cloud software to run your apps online or you just need a storage solution. I think it is best to go with Google drive. It is free and provide you enough space to keep your files on the web. Why you want to go with all manual settings through third party tool.

Cloud is a different thing. Cloud allow you to run real time applications. But if you just need something for storage purpose then you can go ahead with ftp or online backup. The one which is mentioned above like Google Drive. Why you want to go for a cloud software. Almost all email service give you some amount of online storage. You can keep your files, videos, photos on it. I am using Sky-drive. I get around 5 GB of space which is more than enough for keeping photos and videos. I only keep a copy on my system. Now this online storage comes with a ready to use application. You just have to install them. If you go with manual configuration then you have to do many things. Also data security here is not guarantee. But if you keep your files on free online storage space it remains secure. Always use a popular service.

Configuring a online storage is not so complicated. You can do that buying a IP address and configuring a IP address. This is easy and fast. But compare to that using up Google Drive or Sky Drive is far more easier.