Thread: Desktop music player for Windows 8

Desktop music player for Windows 8

Where to get a good desktop player software. I want one which can be used a docked item on the desktop screen. Whichever I was looking for has a simple ui and does not provide much advance features. They are just plain audio players. I need a desktop player through which I can play and control the songs. Rightnow I am using windows media player and it is docked on the task bar.

Re: Desktop music player for Windows 8

Windows Media Player Widget comes by default in Windows 8. You can try to add that on your desktop screen. You can load up all your songs and videos in it and play. Just by double clicking on it you can expand the screen. This is quiet easy to use.

Go for Winamp. It is amazing. You can simply customize the entire interface and keep minimal things on the desktop. It is very easy to use also. I am using this from long time. You just have to load all you songs in the now playing window and that's all. You can leave it at the corner of desktop. If you do not want to see it on the desktop then you can configure a system tray icon also. It remains hidden and you can play pause from that location. It has advance feature also where you can manage your playlist and add a bit extra effect also. I found this one as one of the best music player. It might be not having any widget. But still you can hook it on the desktop screen and enjoy music. It is very lightweight and comes with amazing visualization options. I had seen that. You can hit the space button to change them. This is the best way to occupy the screen.

It was possible to find something for Windows 7, I am not sure about Windows 8. On Windows 8 you can find Beat Music Player, which is a great audio player offering you a tiny gadget on the screen. You can use it for playing videos and music.

Download and install rainmeter in your system. You will get some customized theme in the same. Rainmeter comes with various plugin through which you can completely customize your desktop and have a smooth output. There are audio player widget also available on the same.