Thread: Windows 8 Automatic Maintenance starts automatically

Windows 8 Automatic Maintenance starts automatically

Its just been a week i upgraded my Windows 7 to Win 8. installation went successfully, i installed all required drivers and programs i use frequently. Except one thing, the system is working fine. Only problem i am having is with its Automatic Maintenance. While configuring the pc i set the maintenance time of morning 8 AM because my system remains idle at that time. It worked as per schedule for two days but later Automatic maintenance is running every now and then even though the time is still set for morning. Its starts even in between of my crucial works. That's very annoying. Somebody please let me know how can i stop this behavior.

Re: Windows 8 Automatic Maintenance starts automatically

This could be because of two reasons, either your system is infected with Virus or malware, OR there would be some third party program conflicting with the schedule. You will need to check out for the both. First try scanning the system with some good antivirus program to see if it is not a virus or something.

If that is not the problem, you will need to find out which program is conflicting with the performance. In order to do this, just clean boot your system. Let me know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alfa View Post
    If that is not the problem, you will need to find out which program is conflicting with the performance. In order to do this, just clean boot your system.
    I scanned my entire computer using MS Safety scanner and found nothing suspicious. So i guess it could be any 3rd party program itself as i have many of them installed on my computer. But as i'm new to windows 8, dont know how to do clean boot. Can you please let me know the same? Thanks again.

Alright, here is how you can perform Clean Boot on Windows 8:

• Press Win + R key to bring up the RUN box, type “msconfig” without quotes followed by Enter key.
    • In the opened popup window, click on Services tab
    • At the left bottom of this window click on Hide all Microsoft services check box, now click on “Disable all” button.
    • Now go to Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, click Startup tab select each item and click Disable.
    • Save the settings and close Task Manager.
    • Now reboot the system.

You will be in clean boot mode now. Once you are done with the troubleshooting, revert back all changes to boot normally.