Thread: Unable to install Amazon Cloud Drive on Windows 8

Unable to install Amazon Cloud Drive on Windows 8

Hi, i am a Windows 8 user, looking for some help regarding cloud services. I love to keep my files on cloud servers so that i can access them easily any time. As of now i have installed Google Drive and SkyDrive both on my computer, Which are almost full. You guys might know that the free version allows us to 7GB storage only. Now as both are full, i came to know about Amazon Cloud Drive. I know there is Dropbox as well but i dont like it. Hence download Amazon Drive and installed.

So far so good. But when i try to launch the drive, it just wont open. Assuming re-installation may fix the problem i uninstalled and re-installed it again but yet the same result. Drive just wont open. Any idea what is wrong? Isn't Amazon drive compatible with Windows 8? Please help.

Re: Unable to install Amazon Cloud Drive on Windows 8

Nope, i dont think it is incompatible with Windows 8. There would be some another problem. However you can try installing it in compatibility mode. Just right click the setup > Properties > Compatibility Tab. Select windows 7 or earlier windows and try to install. See if it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Borislav View Post
    Just right click the setup > Properties > Compatibility Tab. Select windows 7 or earlier windows and try to install. See if it works fine.
    I have already done that buddy.. but still no success. Amazon drive was working great on my Windows 7 computer. Problem is since i upgraded to windows 8.

Please tell me what to do.

Did you guys found any working solution for this issue? Seems like I found one and it sounds strange. I am not using Amazon Drive but as just wanted to know the solution for this, I did some search and found this on a website. A guy was facing this exact problem like you. He contacted Amazon representatives and they said you must download the Drive Setup using Firefox instead of any other browser. Guess what, that guy did the same, and Drive worked fine.

I don’t know how true it is but you have no choice rather than giving it a try. Just confirm us if it works for you.