Thread: Windows 8 Photo App "you have hidden all the photo sources"

Windows 8 Photo App "you have hidden all the photo sources"

I had my photos stored at several folder, few of them were confidential photos. Hence couple of weeks ago i hidden the folders from Photo App. It was working good until last week but now when i open the Photo App in my Windows 8, it gives me an error message saying "You Have Hidden All The Photo Sources ,To See Some Change Your Settings". There are no more photo showing up here. I tried to put some folders back to my picture, but still it wont show up.

I tried searching for its settings but not able to find them as well from where to add the sources back. Hope somebody of you can help me with this. Please reply soon.

Re: Windows 8 Photo App "you have hidden all the photo sources"

You can add the photos source right from the Photo App settings. But before that move some folders in My Pictures, also unhide the folders you hidden earlier. Now open Photo App, slide in from right edge or take your mouse to top right corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar. Now click Settings > Options. Here you will find a check box for “Pictures library”, mark the same. Now restart Photo or better reboot the system itself. See if it is working fine now.

Can anyone please tell me how can I show up the Pictures and Videos which are stored on my Flash Drive? I am using Windows 8.1 is that matters.

In Windows Photo App, only the videos and images stored in Pictures library are displayed. Hence you may need to add the files from flash drive to Pictures folder to make them visible. You can follow these steps provided by Microsoft:

• Open File Explorer by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering File Explorer in the search box, tapping or clicking Apps, and then tapping or clicking File Explorer.
    • Tap or double-click Pictures to open the Pictures library.
    • In the Pictures library, tap or click the File menu, then tap or click Open new window.
    • In the new File Explorer window, browse to the folder that contains your photos, select the ones you want to add to your Pictures library, and drag them into the Pictures library to move them there.