Thread: iTunes 11 not compatible with Windows 8.1

iTunes 11 not compatible with Windows 8.1

Seems like i did a big mistake updating my well running Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I am having an iPhone since long time and was using the same comfortably with iTunes on Win 8. As every body is upgrading their windows to 8.1 Preview, even i decided to update. Went to Windows store and installed the 8.1 Preview successfully. I found that many of the applications were removed during this update. I installed them one by one successfully, except iTunes.

This is iTunes 11 and as you know it is a must have application for iOS users. As i want to sync my iPhone with the system, i am trying to install iTunes but it crashes as soon as the installation complete. Not running at all. Is it not compatible with 8.1 Preview? Or is there any alternate way of fixing the same?

Re: iTunes 11 not compatible with Windows 8.1

Nope, i dont think so.

I am using iTunes 11 comfortably on the latest Windows 8.1 OS. You might be having some another problem. Just check agan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-hwa View Post
    I am using iTunes 11 comfortably on the latest Windows 8.1 OS. You might be having some another problem. Just check agan.
    What should I look for in my system regarding this? As Windows 8 is new for me, you can consider me as a noob and please let me known in details how can I fix it? Thanks again.

Hello Pelagia, iTunes 11 or all the latest version are fully compatible with Windows 8. The only I guess it is not working is may be because of missing Java or Flash Player on your system. Can you confirm whether you have both of these installed on your system?

No matter yes or no, just update to latest version of Flash Player and Java, restart the system and then try to install iTunes. It should work good.

Thank you very much for the help Kumutham. Now this was the workaround I was looking for. You were right. I was having the flash player but not java. As you suggested, I installed the same and now iTunes working good. Help appreciated.

Since upgrading to 8.1, itunes will not work for me either. I downloaded flash player and java and they said i have the latest version. Can anyone offer more advice? Your help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom739 View Post
    Since upgrading to 8.1, itunes will not work for me either. I downloaded flash player and java and they said i have the latest version. Can anyone offer more advice? Your help is much appreciated.
    Can you try to hold down Ctrl and Shift keys together and then double click itunes icon on the desktop and you will get a popup asking you to disable the addons, just click on Agree button. Now it will be able to solve the issue until Apple releases a patch to fix this problem in the future.