Thread: VLC cannot play video files after recovering from SD Card

VLC cannot play video files after recovering from SD Card

My SD was not working fine. It was not detected in my pc. I was trying to copy some files through my mobile phone. I am having a 8GB MicroSD card which fails to work and there were some really important videos in it. I used a data recovery software to recover data from it. It worked after I had connected the memory card to a card reader. Or else it was not detected. But VLC is not able to play those videos.

Re: VLC cannot play video files after recovering from SD Card

Looks like they are corrupted. Try some other recovery software. There is a software available called as SD Card Recovery Pro. It is a paid tool. If possible try to find the trail and test it. If this works then you might get your data back.

The same thing happened in my system also. I copied photos from my camera. There were around 80 photos among which only 20 were copied and others failed. I had installed Stellar Data Recovery in the system. I tried that to recover my files and got maximum photos. It worked fine. But still around 35 photos were missing. Now for videos just check the size of recovered videos. If they are 0kb. Then the video is damage. You cannot recovery them. If the size is similar to what you have in the memory card then there are still chances available to get them work. You can use a good video convertor here to convert the videos in a readable format. That is the only option left.There are tons of data recovery software, but very few of them work. It is my personal experience that if you have a data recovery software installed in your system, then there are more chances of getting the data back. Or else there is nothing you can do. It is always better to keep a data recovery software in your pc to remain on the safer side.

Recovery software are of no use. They do not help you much in recovery files from a damage card. I had tested a huge amount of tools and none of it really worked well. Once the data is gone it is gone forever.

I think your videos are not recovered properly and got corrupted, that’s why VLC is not able to play them. If those videos are really important for you then I will suggest you to go for a video repair tool. I have used Remo Repair MOV tool for repairing my MOV video file. If your video file is also having .mov or .mp4 extension then you can also use Remo Repair MOV tool. If your video file has .avi extension then you can try Remo Repair AVI, it may help you.