Thread: Is it possible to recover photos from a digital camera

Is it possible to recover photos from a digital camera

How to get photos back from a broken camera. It is possible or not. I got a online service which promise to recover data. But they are charging really high for
    that. I have a very old camera which is not used for years. It is partially damaged. Through a bit of cleaning I was able to turn it on. There are some really old photos in it. The memory card in it looks to be working but when I connect it to the pc it remains undetected.

Re: Is it possible to recover photos from a digital camera

I do not think it might work. You said the camera is quiet old and damage also. Try to find-out some other way. Like any option to backup photos on new card. There are some tools available on web which can help you.

Recovery is only possible on deleted files I think. But not on damage or rusted products. I am having a old usb. I had copied some important data in it long before. Most of them were images. Now I tried to use it, but it remain undetected. Sometime the light blinks on it but it turns off. i tried to open up the usb and tried some other way of recovering files. But nothing worked out. You said that your camera is working. You can see the images in that. That means still it is possible to recover. Try to connect the camera directly to the pc via camera cable. If possible try to locate the drivers for it. If you find right drivers then it will start working. You can then copy the photos. Instead of playing for recovery the best thing you can do is buy a good quality memory card reader. Hook your camera card on it and then check back. If it works then you will be able to see all your photos. Or else there is nothing you can do. I think most of the camera comes with a micro usb port through which you can connect it to the pc and simply copy files from it. That is the most easiest option available. It will work if the port is not damage. Can you specify information on the memory which is used in your camera.

The best thing you can do is take the camera to some repair center. Or to the official service center. They will fix the camera and if possible they might also recover the photos for you. Or else there is no way to get those files.

Recovery is possible from memory card not form the camera. That is also when they are deleted accidentally. If you had formatted the card then there will be nothing. I lost some photos in the same way from my nikon camera. I was deleted unwanted photos in which some important were deleted accidentally. Fortunately I was having Stellar recovery in my pc. I got the files back. So in your cause you have to first connect the memory card to your pc through a card reader. It must be visible. It does not matter what file format is in it. You must be able to copy paste the files. If they are moved then you can use another software to fix them. But the card remains undetected then you cannot do anything. Try some recovery tools from web and see what output it gives you.

Haraksa
    it looks like the memery card contacts are not as clean as the should me or are somehow messed up

likewise it may not be possible unless the camera can connect to the pc as it seems that by your description the memery card only works in the camera

try installing drivers for the camera on your PC than connecting camera to PC if at all possible

otherwise i believe that no amout of money can come close to fixing it