Thread: How to add a video in ebook

How to add a video in ebook

How to embeds a video in ebook. I got a small consignment to create a tutorial. Creating it through ebook is more better because it will be a single pack and easy to share also. It is possible to add a video inside Microsoft Word. But how to do the same in ebook. This will simply improve the interactive way of learning. I tried to find some software on web but there is nothing listed.

Re: How to add a video in ebook

I am not really sure about that. You can embeds a video in pdf file through a software. Which is playable. Those are just codes which works in the background. You can embeds a flash content on it.

For that you will need a good desktop publishing software for that. Which can help you to create your own ebooks and then you can simply share it. Through the software you can embeds videos in your documents and share it with other people. The file will get heavier if the videos are saved inside the ebook. But if you are just adding links or embedded codes then the end user will require internet connection to read the files. Ebooks can be created quiet easily if you just want to apply text and images. There are many free tools available for the same. Like Yudu, docstoc, etc. This tools can allow you to generate a simple pdf files. For creating more interactive tutorials you require to have a better software with many loaded features. There are some paid tools also available that adds a bit more advantage. Like animated effects for page flipping more better images, etc. I will recommend you to go with the plain format. That is more appropriate. If you go with embedding videos then you might face problem with the file size. It will not work properly.

If you need a professional solution then go for Adobe Digital Publishing Solution. It is paid and advance and offer you all benefit which are needed for writing your own books and selling it online. Just try this out.

Anyhow you will need to get a good ebook builder. You will have to pay for the same. I went on web to find something about interactive ebook builder. I found PlayTales Builder. Which is a nice interactive ebook build tool that allows you to add many effects. It is nice for story telling. Most of tools which I found are usually designed for building up comics. So they are more flashy effects. There are cool fonts, good background and tons of images to choose from. But in terms of books and tutorial you need more decent thing. Adding videos in ebook is not impossible. You can add them. It depends on the reader which can play the video. If the ereader lack support for flash or other video files then it might not work. So the best thing to do is use more and more images. Which is quiet better and at the end you can apply a link which will take the person to a video site or to the slideshow. That will also keep the ebook size at minimum.