Thread: Looking for screenshot gif file creator

Looking for screenshot gif file creator

I need a tool that can help me to capture multiple screenshots and then I can use them as a gif file. I want to create some tutorial articles. Compare to videos articles are more lighter and easy to put on a website. Animated screenshot in between will be helpful to guide users. I need a tool that can simply help me to capture a good resolution photo and hook it on a web page.

Re: Looking for screenshot gif file creator

You can try Active Gif creator. But do not expect any quality. Gif files are tiny and are poor on resolution. You will have to compromise with the quality here. It is better if you stick with video tutorials. They are bit more effective.

There are ample of gif file creator available on the internet. Finding a good tool is not a issue. But it is better if you stick with a video based tutorial. The best place to share it is on YouTube. It offers you a free space to host your own channel and you can guide many people through that. You can also go with a private channel where you will block the links and does not allow everyone to have it. There are some good screen recording tools available that works fine in the background. Like Camtasia. It is not a free software but good for recoding screen videos and also you can add your own video. Gif files are really poor and ideal for small images. And you want a big resolution photos. It will make the web page more heavy. Through YouTube you can upload the tutorial and simply embeds the video player code on your web page. The video will be viewable and will also work fine. You can create a chunk of short videos and add them in between paragraphs. Instead of embedding images it is better if you stick with videos, because there you will have to work less. Screen recording software help you to record everything with good quality. They offer you enough feature to adjust the resolution and add marks on the videos.

I use a slideshow on my web page. I am having a WordPress website and on that there are thousands of plugin available. I can embeds a slideshow which works fine and has no issue with the performance. The output here is simply fine.

Creating gif file is not a big issue. If you are looking for a professional software for making tutorial video then I can suggest you some. For making interactive 3D tutorial you can use Sketchup. This tool is very simply to use with basic UI. It does not has any complicated settings. You can just install the tool and start working on it. While if you are just looking for a screen recording kind of stuff then you can go with screen-o-matic. This is a java based screen recorder which is free to use. And it record all your screen. Once recorded you can directly publish that to YouTube instead of making a video of it. The free version will add a watermark in the video. Going for a pro version will be much more helpful. Screen-o-matic does not requires any installation. It just add a java addon and done.