Thread: Pinnacle Studio 16 incompatible in Windows 8.1 Preview

Pinnacle Studio 16 incompatible in Windows 8.1 Preview

I have recently done the Windows 8.1 preview update on my computer. Everything works great but the only problem is with the Pinnacle Studio 16. If I am trying to run it then I get the below error message that states:

"The Operating System has been upgraded after Studio has been installed. Some or all of the program's features may not operate correctly. We recommend that you re-install the software."

Even after uninstalling and reinstalling Pinnacle Studio 16 I am getting the same error message all over again. So, if anyone knows how to run this on Windows 8.1 then I am all ears. Thanks

Re: Pinnacle Studio 16 incompatible in Windows 8.1 Preview

I have found that if you have updated to the latest Windows 8.1 operating system then you wont be able to use the Pinnacle Studio 16 on it. But other versions of Pinnacle Studio 12, 14 or 15 version can be installed and used on Windows 8.1. You can ask the Pinnacle support team whether they have released any patch or update for its Studio 16 version to be used on Windows 8.1 on their official website.

Yeah, even I think that if the software is not working on Windows 8.1 Preview update then you will have to contact Pinnacle support and ask about whether Studio 16 is compatible or not with this OS. Since it is a new operating system, then most likely they will be either releasing a patch or totally a new version of the software that will be compatible with Windows 8.1.

Even I was having the same problem. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 then Pinnacle Studio 16 failed to start. I even tried to right click on it and run it in Compatability mode but this option was not there. But when I tried to run it as administrator option then it started to load fine. Now it is properly opening everytime since.

Recently there was a solution given for this problem. All you need to do is reboot your computer and then download a patch called PS16_fix_for_Windows_8_1_32and64.exe by searching it from the internet and then run it on your pc. After the patching is done then the Pinnacle Studio 16 will just run fine on your Windows 8.1 preview.

Run that patch it will resolve the matter. The patch was actually released for Windows 8 and it will also work with Windows 8.1. It is a minor issue. I was testing the same and it worked on my Windows 8.1 system. Pinnacle Studio 16 now supports Windows 8.1. This is a minor compatibility issue. There is no other patch released separately. If you are still getting any issue then try to checkout the error details. There might be some other thing which is causing the problem.