Thread: Real player downloader wont work with IE10 videos

Real player downloader wont work with IE10 videos

You know the small real icon that appears on every online video playback and allows you to download streaming videos. I am using this since long years. Recently upgraded my Windows 7 system to Windows 8. Also updated real player to the most recent version. But the problem now i am facing is dont know why the Real Player download Icon just wont appear on the videos. This is Internet Explorer 10, the default web browser that come with Windows 8.

As the system is new i have no idea what to do. Somebody please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Re: Real player downloader wont work with IE10 videos

This is compatibility problem with the Realplayer and new Internet Explorer 10. Their team is working on the same and should be fixed very soon. We can just wait and watch for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerny View Post
    I am using this since long years. Recently upgraded my Windows 7 system to Windows 8.
    But were you using this on Internet Explorer 9? Because as far as I know real player downloader or any other 3rd party download manager was compatible only until Internet Explorer v8. Microsoft disabled the download managers plug-ins since IE9 because of security. Thereafter you had only the built-in IE download manager that scans and download only the safe files.

However there is an troubleshooting which you can try out and see if it works. As you might be aware that RealPlayer is a Flashbased video player, go to your Internet Explorer settings and make sure that your browser’s ActiveX Filtering enabled. If it is disabled, ON it and restart the browser. See if it fetches the videos now.

Many users have fixed this problem after updating their real player to latest version on Windows 8. I don’t know how it is not working for you as you too have the latest version (according to your post). By the way can you just confirm whether it is working on other browsers like Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks for your help attempts guys, but no success yet. Yes the ActiveX Filtering was disabled earlier, I enabled the same as you suggested but yet the Downloader wont come up. Also tried it in chrome, RealPlayer wont show up there as well.

Any other helps please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerny View Post
    Yes the ActiveX Filtering was disabled earlier, I enabled the same as you suggested but yet the Downloader wont come up. Also tried it in chrome, RealPlayer wont show up there as well.
    Just enabling the ActiveX Filtering is not enough here. You might be aware that Real Player also installs its own add-on while installing the software. Hence you also need to enable the add-on as well to make it work on your browsers. Here is how you can do the same:
    • Launch Internet Explorer and got to Internet Options
    • Now click ‘Manage Add-ons’
    • Here see if the real player is enabled. If not do the need ful.
    • Now restart your browser and see if you can see the realplayer pop up on streaming videos or audios

As far as Chrome is concerned, whenever you play a video on the browser, simply right click video and you will see an option saying Pop Out. Click the same. This will bring up the RealPlayer downloader option. Now you can download the same using realplayer. Try it.

RealPlayer is just annoying for me. I have used it for few months and faced such several problems. Hence I switched to Internet Download Manager. It is the best software for downloading any kind of files from web with better speed. You should switched to IDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion lella View Post
    • Launch Internet Explorer and got to Internet Options
    • Now click ‘Manage Add-ons’
    • Here see if the real player is enabled. If not do the need ful.
    • Now restart your browser and see if you can see the realplayer pop up on streaming videos or audios
    Thank you very much for the help Orion. That worked like a charm. I can now use the RealPlayer downloader comfortably on my Internet Explorer 10.

Help appreciated.