Thread: Download Microsoft Office Mobile for Android

Download Microsoft Office Mobile for Android

I am a big fan or Microsoft products since i started using windows. Specially about their operating systems, browser and Office suite. Today somewhere i read that Microsoft has launched an official Office suite completely free for Android devices as well. As i am also an Android user (Galaxy S3), i would like to download this app on my phone. But the problem is when i am going to Play store and searching for the same, it wont come up in the results. All i guess is kingston office, olive office, etc etc but not Microsoft Office. I even tried searching on my pc but yet the same result. Any idea what is wrong? Isn't yet released?

Re: Download Microsoft Office Mobile for Android

First of all, how are you searching it on play store? Its complete name is Office Mobile for Office 365, and you can find it at this Google Play Page. Another reason why you are not getting it is because they have yet not launched it for all reasons. I dont know from where you are but you can click the page provided above and see if you can download the same. Let me know if you need any more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona-thon View Post
    Its complete name is Office Mobile for Office 365, and you can find it at this Google Play Page. Another reason why you are not getting it is because they have yet not launched it for all reasons.
    Thank you very much for the help buddy. I downloaded the same on my tablet successfully, but heres a new problem. When i launch the app, it asks me for Office 365 subscription? what is it? Where can i get the office 365 subscription and why do i need it? Please help.

Hope you might be knowing that Office 365 is the paid office suite which we get installed by default with Windows 8. It is a cloud based office suite which syncs with all of your devices. As far as subscription cost is concerned, you will be charged with the following rates:

If you want to subscribe, you can get it from this page.

Hey guys, even I have some problems. Whenever I try downloading the office 365 on my Android devices I get the following error message:

I tried it on my Lava Iris 504Q and Xperia Z Tablet, but it always says the app is not compatible with your device. If it says not compatible with Iris 504Q I can expect but how it cannot be compatible with Xperia Z Tablet? It is a high end tablet costs about Rs.45K? Can anyone please tell me what is the system requirements for Android Office 365 app?

Actually the suite is compatible with both of your device as it requires Android version 4.0 and above. But the reason why it is showing incompatible is because Microsoft hasn’t released it yet for all countries. It is only available in US as of now. Once it get to all countries, your devices will be able to install it. You need to wait for few more months to get it, if you are out of US.