Thread: How to remove Ads from Windows 8 applications

How to remove Ads from Windows 8 applications

I dont know of it sounds illegal but that is what i wanted to know. Just like Android free applications where we saw whole lots of ads around the corners, even Microsoft has started doing the same. There are many apps which i have download from Windows store, whenever i run these softwares it shows a bid Advertisement at left bottom. I just dont like. According to them if we dont want to see those Ads, than go Pro. Then why just they make the aps for free if the user need rto spend dollars to get satisfied. Well i dont have money to go pro with all those apps.

I have seen many users tweaking several stuffs on all windows edition. I am sure somebody here might have also found any way to get rid of Advertisements from the free application. If yes, please let me know soon.

Regards.

Re: How to remove Ads from Windows 8 applications

Well there is a small tool i found one forum that allows you to do the same. It is a kind of hack that allows you to remove Advertisements from free apps that we download from Microsoft store. You can Download the same from the attachment below.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey guys, isn't it a kind of illegal stuff? Are we allowed to do the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chellam View Post
    Hey guys, isn't it a kind of illegal stuff? Are we allowed to do the same ?
    Thanks for your suggestions dude but i dont think i am going to do any illegal thing. There are millions of softwares which we use on our XP to Win 7 computers, did you see any Advertisements on those apps? NO. Then why on windows 8 apps? They have just made everything for advertising to earn more money, just like Android does. Hence i am just trying to do something that wont irritates me, nothing illegal.

They have just made everything for advertising to earn more money, just like Android does. Hence i am just trying to do something that wont irritates me, nothing illegal.
    I completely agree with you cupid. Everyone is trying to earn money now a days from anything possible. Showing ads on apps is something really annoying for me as well, hence I found a way to disable ads from these free apps on Windows 8. If you want, I can tell you how to do it. First of all download a small utility from here http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/47372417/file.html . Run TakeControlOf.cmd as Administrator (right-click on it and hit "Run as Administrator"). Sit back and wait for it to do its thing. Note: You may have to reboot after this is finished. Run AdRemover.bat. should only take a second or two. That’s it.

Nice share buddy. I just have a small doubt. As the installer name says “wscrack”, are you sure it is not a Virus? Because I am using Windows 8.1 and it wont support any antivirus. Only the built-in windows defender is running but I don’t think it is powerful enough to treat with serious viruses.

iqbal51 Guest

First of all download a small utility from here. Run take control of. cmd as administrator. Sit back and wait for it to do its thing. Not: You may have to reboot after this is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I just have a small doubt. As the installer name says “wscrack”, are you sure it is not a Virus?
    Relax Clayton, it is not a virus. I and several other users have already installed it and their systems are working fine.