Thread: Looking for a good migration software to move my existing setup on SSD with Data

Looking for a good migration software to move my existing setup on SSD with Data

Which migration software is available today that can offer me good features of moving my OS and data on a different drive. I am having a 250GB of hard drive. I bought two new among which one is is a SSD and the other one is 1TB regular hard drive. I want to migrate my OS and data on the new hard drive. For which I am looking for a software. I hope there will be some good tool available which can help me for this purpose.

Re: Looking for a good migration software to move my existing setup on SSD with Data

Why you want to migrate. Just copy paste your data. In the SSD install Windows and that's all. It will boost your system performance. Migration can create error later on if the setup is not proper.

Re: Looking for a good migration software to move my existing setup on SSD with Data

I know one tool which can help you in the migration processor. It is called as PCmover. The tool is by laplink which is really effective in data migration. There are different version available here. This tool can help you to migrate your existing data, user profile, and many things to a new hardware. I had used this long before when I shifted my office. I moved all my data to my pen drive. The tool is capable of migrating application, folder, user profile, operating system, etc. It has a kind of evaluation procedure where it gives you the list of things which are needed for migration purpose. It works well and has no issue with output. Now this can be your complete solution. But I am not really sure about migrating the operating system or applications. Because that can be buggy. You can begin with making a list of things which you need in your new system. Like the applications, files, etc. Then you can go with manual installation which will be more effective. You can later on copy the data from your old drive to the new one and format it. Manual setup is more effective for long run.

It is correct. I tried a image file to restore my OS on a different system. The system just crashed. It is necessary that you must go with manual setup which is more effective and better.

There are hardly few software or tools available which can give you a proper migration work. Like Parallel Desktop. This is one of the best software available in the market. This tool is really effective in doing some of the most extremely transfer jobs. I had tested this in my laptop where I got reasonable results. It is a virtualization software also where you can run different OS. It works nicely with complete migration process. I had not tested the OS part here. I had just migrated my files from a older version of Windows to a new one and it goes well. If you face any error while transfer it is better to stick with the manual setup. Which is time consuming but effective for stability. In manual setup you go with all stuff one by one by installing everything manually. That is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue.