Thread: Which is better to share file FTP or Torrent

Which is better to share file FTP or Torrent

Want some help to share large file over internet. There are two options here. First is to configure a ftp server on my home pc itself and provide the download link to my friends, while I can also go with torrent files. But I want a faster way to share files. I will leave my pc turned on 24x7. There is around 20GB of data which I want to share with a distant friends.

Re: Which is better to share file FTP or Torrent

FTP is simple to manage. You just need to download and configure two clients at two points and share the link. It also provide you secure link to lock the shared file over internet. So better stick to ftp.

File sharing is not the complicated part here. What matters the time consumed for sharing that stuff. Now FTP and Torrent works in similar manner. But FTP is just a straight way of sending files to your friend. Through a good ftp client you can transfer huge amount of files instantly over internet. The download completely depends on the internet bandwidth. While Torrent is easier to manage. Now if you want to share the files with multiple people then you can go for torrent. It is more better. You can just create a torrent link and share it with your friend and tell him to seed after downloading. The more seeders the more faster will be download. Seeders are just piece of file which is stored at different places and shared by people around the web. As you said that data size that you have is around 20GB then going for torrent is a wise choice. There are website available to offer you simple way of sharing large files over the web. I will recommend you go with torrent. Just create a file and mail to your friend and tell him to add in a torrent client. That's all.

Use Bit torrent. That will be more easier and faster. And once you are shared the file then you will just need to delete the torrent file or move it. That' all. I am using that to share different files on web.

There are many benefits of using a torrent file. In FTP once the download is terminated then it will not resume back. While in torrent there are ample of great features. You can simply keep the file on download and resume it whenever you want. In FTP you will need to keep your pc on 24x7. While in torrent you can leave your pc aside for download purpose. You can also turn off the pc and the download will be resume back whenever the file is available. FTP is best for sharing small files. Like files of 200 to 400 mb that can be downloaded within less time. If your friend is having a really high internet bandwidth then giving it via ftp is really great. The only benefit of using a torrent file is that you can simply seed it as per your need. Seeding boost the download process giving out more effective and constant download benefits.