Thread: Microsoft Word error while opening a file

Microsoft Word error while opening a file

There is a problem whenever I try to open a file. My laptop is not so old. So there must be no problem at all. Whenever I double click on file, it fails to open. Also when click on recent documents the same error appears. But when I go with the manual way of opening files like from Open menu it opens. I am having a huge amount of word files and I do not want them to damage. Is there any easy way available to backup this files. They must be available whenever I want.

Re: Microsoft Word error while opening a file

Try to run a repair setup of office. It will fix the issue. Go on Control Panel > Add/Remove or Uninstall a program and in that click on Microsoft Office suite. Click on Change and click on Repair. Run the setup.

If the repair setup does not works then just re-install everything back again from scratch. It is also the best way to fix office error. This kind of issue appear when you run custom setup of office. At the time of installation the setup gives you choice to install required stuff. You can avoid which you don't want. But it is recommended to install everything. Before running the setup it is recommended that you must uninstall the old version. Wipe it out completely and then go with fresh installation. The error can be due to various reason. Sometime the office application is not able to locate the file path and gives out the error. So better re-install it back again. For backup you can create multiple copies of files. Because if you keep on clicking on them there are chances that you might loose all your data. Keep multiple copies at different place and then check back. That will be better I think.

Office errors can only be resolved by re-installing the entire package back. They are so frustrating to fix. Run windows update. I hope you can find some fix through that.

If somehow you manage to fix the application then I would like to suggest you some backup thing. There are ample of options available by which you cab backup your data. First you can go with Google Drive. Google Drive is a tiny application that you can install in your system. Then connect your gmail account with that. Drag all your files in the Google Drive folder. That's all. Everything will be uploaded on the web. And it is one of the best way to keep backup. Whenever you want you can just view those files online directly through Google Viewer. There are more alternative available for backup stuff. But it is always better to keep a copy on the web. Google Drive is also available for smartphones. You can view the same file in your mobile device also.