Thread: Windows Phone app error "windows phone is locked, unlock your phone to see whats on it"

Windows Phone app error "windows phone is locked, unlock your phone to see whats on it"

I am having a Lumia 920, bought it last week itself. Whenever i use to connect it through my Windows 7 PC, it use to give me a pop saying about Winodws Phone App everytime. I ignored it every time and used as USB Mass Storage but now finally decided to test out the app. Hence downloaded the same, installed it on my PC successfully. Now whenever i try to connect the phone to PC via USB Cable, it gives me an error message saying:

"windows phone is locked, unlock your phone to see whats on it"

I dont know what lock is it talking about. I tried few things but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone please help me out with the same?

Re: Windows Phone app error "windows phone is locked, unlock your phone to see whats on it"

Do you have any external SD card inserted in the phone? If yes, then the error is not for the phone but for your memory card. Make sure it is not password protected.

Also when you connect the phone in storage mode, are you access the phone?

Re: Windows Phone app error "windows phone is locked, unlock your phone to see whats on it"

Yes, i dont have any problem using the phone in storage mode. Also i do have a memory card but it doesn't have any password. If there would be password i wouldn't be able to access it from Phone's file manager as well or in windows explorer while connecting though Mas storage, right?

However i dont have any problem transferring files in Storage Mode but i wanted the Windows App so that i can sync other stuffs between phone and PC. Please let me know how can i make the app work.

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    However I dont have any problem transferring files in Storage Mode but i wanted the Windows App so that i can sync other stuffs between phone and PC.
    Well if syncing is the matter then forget Windows App and download Zune. It is the best application, infact a complete suite for Windows Phone. The software also allows you to do scheduled Wireless Syncing on your home network.

That will be much better I guess. Also there are several more useful features whereas Windows App is just a basic browser for Windows mobiles. If you want you can download Zune for Windows from here.

Alright Deep. I will give it a try. Hope it works atleast.

By the way what is the problem with my phone/ card?

Well I don’t know what could be the cause for that error message but next time when you required format/reset the phone, also format the SD Card along with resetting the device. I best the problem will not appear thereafter.