Thread: Desktop based facebook software for windows

Desktop based facebook software for windows

Is there a good desktop software available for using Facebook. It is a bit time consuming to open the site on a web browser and then access all stuff. In my tablet I am having a Facebook app which is really awesome. It is very easy to use and provides me everything instantly on the screen. I am looking for a similar kind of application for my laptop also. Where I can simply operate facebook from my desktop screen.

Re: Desktop based facebook software for windows

I do not really think there is any such app. There are dedicated apps but they are not so effective. The best thing you can do is use some kind of plugins on your web browser to use facebook. You can stay online all the time.

For desktop based support you can have Facebook Messenger. There is a tiny application available. It is not so effective but can fulfill your requirements. Called as Facebook Desktop this app offers you simple solution for online chatting. You can stay sticked to your profile all the time and collect real-time updates. The app supports complete features of Facebook. You can simply add widgets, you can write on your wall, you can accept/send friend request, etc. The app has a notification part also where you can collect all updates. In terms of features the app is just great enough to use. It loads up really fast and is low on system resources also. Leaving the app aside if you go for plugins and extensions then there are ample of solution available. You can find that on the Mozilla directory. There are ample of social networking plug-ins available which can give you a bar dedicated to facebook. Just by clicking on that you can get instant updates. Compare to smartphones or tablet, we are having very less for desktop when it comes for real time update or social networking.

You are right on that. It is also not better to trust such applications because you are just providing your login details and password. Better use the web based version only. Which is quiet more secure.

I am also looking for some kind of good application for facebook which I can use on my desktop. But yet there is nothing available. The application which I was using before was very dull. Compare to that the web version is far more better and great. In terms of browser if we keep on adding new plugins it slows down. Rightnow I am using a facebook messenger which looks to be working fine with the system. I was also using Facebook home app on my tablet. It is battery consuming. It drains out the battery really fast as it keeps on getting new updates. Facebook does not really looks interested in simply offering a desktop based app. But there is a app available for Windows 8. It works on the touch interface giving out all updates at the home screen itself.