Thread: Connectify disconnects continuously in Windows 7

Connectify disconnects continuously in Windows 7

I am not able to find out why there is some problem with the Connectify in my Windows 7 pc? The problem happens with any pc that I use or any wifi adapter. This Connectify will just simply hang and stop working. I have also tried to install the latest updates but still am getting the same problem. Can anyone tell me why Connectify keeps disconnecting in Windows 7? Thanks

Re: Connectify disconnects continuously in Windows 7

Well, can you try to go to the Network and Sharing Center and then Adapter Settings and then Connections that is used by Connectify. It will most probably be local area connection, so right click on it, go to Properties and then Configure and then Power Management and then unceck the boxes to turn off connection for saving the battery and see if that solves your issue.

Well, if Connectify is not working for you then you can try to go for an alternative called Maxidix Hotspot. With this tool, your computer with wifi adapter will turn into a real Access Point. You will also be able to host infrastructure network in one click. It also supports dual mode, that is you can connect to any other Wifi network simultaneously using a single Wifi adapter.

There is another tool called Virtual Router Wifi HotSpot to share the internet connection for your computer running Windows 7 or Windows 8, that also doesnt require any installation. It turns your PC into a Router / WiFi HotSpot. This application runs on the same technology that is used by WiFi routers and uses your DSL, cable, USB 3G modem, etc; to create a wireless access point.