Thread: Is there any option available to fix corrupt image file

Is there any option available to fix corrupt image file

Is there a way available by which I can simply fix a damage system image file. I am trying here to find some solution. I am having a system image file of my old laptop which has stopped working. It is having some important data. I tried to restore it first, but it gave me some error and it crashed. I had copied that file on a dvd and now trying to open it on my Windows system. But still it is not working fine.

Re: Is there any option available to fix corrupt image file

What is the format of that image file? Can you post that here. Then I can help you to find a proper tool which can simply read it and give you proper information. You can also via that extract files you want.

star Re: Is there any option available to fix corrupt image file

Quote Originally Posted by pele1200 View Post
    Is there a way available by which I can simply fix a damage system image file. I am trying here to find some solution. I am having a system image file of my old laptop which has stopped working. It is having some important data. I tried to restore it first, but it gave me some error and it crashed. I had copied that file on a dvd and now trying to open it on my Windows system. But still it is not working fine.
    you can try to open the image in Photoshop . If it opens then save the image in other format. It will be a correct image .

Usually there is no tool available which can do this. System image files are created by different software. Sometime it is by windows while sometime it is created by some third party recovery tool which is developed by the manufacturer itself. So it is a bit complicated to find a tool that might really work and give you the output. I will advice you to use winrar on the same. Winrar is a simple to use software which is capable of reading image files. Right click on the image file and choose open with. In the list select winrar. If it still give you error then the file is damage and you cannot do anything. There is no option to fix it. And if you can just provide the file format then I can assist you in locating tool that can really read it. A damage system image files is really hard to repair.

It is not possible to repair it. A image file is a kind of compressed file which is locked and has all file listing inside it. The tool which creates it can read it but there are some set of tools available on the web which are capable of reading everything.

I had tried that already. Nothing working. Once your system image file is corrupt then just delete it and make another one. If you had used windows to create system image file then there are possibilities to extract files from that. But if it is created by some other tool then I do not think you can extract it through third party software. Winrar is a easy solution which might work well. You can try that atleast once. Buf it that also does not work then the file is useless.