Thread: Tools to repair corrupt image files

Tools to repair corrupt image files

Is there any effective software available that can simply repair a corrupt image file. I am looking for something that really works. I got around 50 images file from a old hard drive. It was a 4GB IDE drive that was connected to my grand ma's pc. There are some really important old family photos in it. I think most of them are jpeg. But when I try to open them I cannot see anything. I am getting a image damage message from picture manager. How to recover them.

Re: Tools to repair corrupt image files

Your files are lost I think. Try to open them in different image viewer tools. Like ACDSee, Photoshop, etc. There are ample of good image editors tool available which also partially read the files and some of them also allows you to repair it.

There are some tools, but I am not really sure how they really works. I am going to list you some software which are latest and I think this might work. The first one is Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair which is one of the best and it is easy to use also. The tool allows you to repair and fix a damage image file. It is extremely easy to use and it has around 60 to 80% chances of fixing a damage jpeg file. I had used this on a 2 year old photo which worked. I was able to see the image but there was some changes in the image. I will advice you to recover a single image first. Go one by one. Do not add-up everything and run the recovery. While the other tool is Jpeg Repair. This for jpeg files only. There are ample of software available in this name. You can download any which one is free and easy to use. This simply allows you to get the file and you can then save it in different format. Photoshop is another great tool which allows you to fix this kind of damage file. You have to open the files in it first. If it gives you error about damage or corrupt file then you can try to run the repair software. But if it is not giving you error then through different set of tools available in it you can fix the image. I think here you will need help of a expert.

Try JPEG Recovery Pro. This ia great software that can help you to recover all your jpeg files and it really work great. I think it works with worst files also. Just try it out.

I had seen ample of tools based on the same. But none of them were able to recover my files. I was having around 4 to 5 really old photos saved in a laptop. Something happened, it failed to open. I did a mistake here. I must keep the copies of them separately. I used a jpeg repair tool which failed to give me proper output. I tried uploading them online and opened it in a online viewer, where a partial part of file was visible. Whatever tools mentioned works really great for files which are not completely damage or which are not really old. Try to first keep a copy of your all files somewhere and then only move ahead with making any changes. Or else it might not work fine. There is a tool called as Comfy File Repair which I was using some time ago on my system. This is a file repairing software that works with set of various file format. It is not just limited to jpeg. I think you must test this out. If you are lucky this might work.