Thread: Why it take so long to unlock Winrar password

Why it take so long to unlock Winrar password

I am using a tool that allow me to remove the password of a locked Winrar file. The tool is running from last 8 hrs and yet it is not able to give me the result. I had seen this commonly that this kind of tool takes really long time to unlock a archived file. Can anyone tell me why it takes so long to open a password. Or the tool is just fooling me about unlocking stuff. I hope there will be some more faster tools available.

Re: Why it take so long to unlock Winrar password

There are plenty of them. Try some different tool. On YouTube you can find some sample tools along with the process and proof that it really works. So it is better you check out for some other software which is effective.

Winrar uses a powerful encryption standard called as AES. It is not easy to crack. The tool which you are using uses brute force attack. This attack simply tries to find the text combination that fits well to the password and this is time consuming. The tool tries to use a set of thousands of words and alphabets unless it finds the right password. Due to which it is relatively slow. To unlock a archive content in less time you need a more powerful system. The faster the tool will work the faster you will get result. Like a high system that has Core i7 processor with 8GB ram can do your job in 4 to 5 hrs I think. While on regular system it might take days, but you will get result. There is no possible way available by which you can just get the password instantly due to powerful encryption standard used by WinRar. Winrar is a widely used compression utility which is easy to use and also it is secure. And do not really rely on the password remover tool. There are no effective set of software available which might really work and give you a proper output as per expected.

I tried many tools. None of them worked. I hope there will be more better tools available in future. I had tested more than 15 software based on this which just keep on running and gives no result in the end.

Winrar does not include any password recovery option. I am using a free edition where I cannot find any such stuff. Officially Winrar offers you not information on recovering the password. While for such tools that you are using you need a high performance system. On a low grade system you will not get output as expected or it will be extremely slower. There are different set of attacks available which this password recovery software run on the archived file. Among which the most common one is Brute Force. The attack just tries to match the password. It does not remove it nor it scans the internal code and give you result. There is a dictionary attack also available which is more time consuming. It is quiet necessary that you must avoid using such software and try to remember what password you had added in the archived file.