Thread: Codec pack for Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Codec pack for Media Player Classic Home Cinema

I had downloaded and installed Media Player Classic Home Cinema on my laptop. I found a bit issue with codec pack which it has. It is not able to play some files. I thought it will run everything. I am having a bit issue with vlc. Whenever I play audio it lags a lot. So I switched to Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Can anyone help to get a appropriate codec pack for this video player. Or just some specific codecs associated with mkv or vob.

Re: Codec pack for Media Player Classic Home Cinema

I think Media Player Classic Home Cinema is capable of playing all kind of video files. There is no limitation in video files. Try to re-install it or search for any updates. You can visit the official website for locating more updates on the download.

Codec are important to run different audio and video format. It is a integrated software which helps the player to compress/decompress different kind of digital media files. Without that some files will not work. Long ago I had faced issue with avi files in Windows Media Player. It was not playing any of them. So I installed avi codec and it worked. For your issue, you can try to find K-Lite Codec Pack 9. Check for the most latest version and install it in your pc. This will fix all the issue and you will be able to play everything. K-Lite also works with Media Player Classic. It has support for large number of audio/video format. The codec pack is freely available . The new version offers you more updated codecs so that you can play any kind of videos. You can also customize it as per your need. At the time of installation you can select which components to install and which to ignore. While for VLC I will suggest you to uninstall it and then go with fresh installation. Try some other version this time. But once you install K-Lite I do not think you will really need any video player. I think it will also play vob or dat files over the regular media player. K-Lite comes in different editions. There is lite version available that comes with minimum codec while there is a full pack also available that offers you a complete set of codec pack.

The latest version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema is 1.6.8. Just check that you are using the latest version of not. If not then update it or try to manually install it from the official website.

VLC also requires codec to run video/audio files. You can download a separate codec for that. In my case I was having the same kind of lagging issue and sometime the audio quality was bad. I am using the most latest version here. Usually VLC comes with codec pack. You do not require to install that separately. But there are some third party websites which simply allows you video codec pack. Before doing anything just try to test the same video on Media Player Classic. If you are having a issue then the problem is with the video. The media player looks to be working fine. The combination of Media Player Classic + Klite codec back is one of the best and easiest choice.