Thread: Unable to Sync Contacts with Outlook 64bit using HTC Sync Manager

Unable to Sync Contacts with Outlook 64bit using HTC Sync Manager

I bought a new Dell laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 8 64bit and MS Office 2010 64bit. Earlier i was able to sync all my HTC One contacts and calendar entries easily with Outlook 32bit on Windows 7 but now there is a problem. Whenever i try to sync the info with Outlook 64 bit via HTC Sync Manager, it ends up with an error message saying:

"Unable to sync. Please reconnect your device. [1016]"

I dont know what is the problem because i am going through the correct process. To me it appears like the problem is with 64bit. Can anyone please confirm this? If it is so i will find out some alternate way. Thank you.

Re: Unable to Sync Contacts with Outlook 64bit using HTC Sync Manager

Nope, i dont think the problem would be because of 64bit OS or Office Suite, because as far as i can see the official requirement of HTC Sync Manager, here is what they have mentioned:
    Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise (32 & 64-Bit)
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (32 & 64-Bit)
    Which means that 64bit is also compatible for the sync. You should try re-connecting after restarting the phone. Let me know if that helps.

I don’t know whether this will help you or not but I used to have the same problem with my HTC One X, however the error code was bit different. It was Error 1003 but the problem was same like, unable to sync. After many workouts finally I decided to uninstall HTC Sync Manager v1.0.39 and installed the latest one. Guess what, my sync started working like a charm after the update. Just for a try, you should try doing the same. Download the latest Sync Manager app, first uninstall the earlier one and then install. See if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Falynn View Post
    You should try re-connecting after restarting the phone. Let me know if that helps.
    Thanks for the help Falynn, but even I read that system requirements on HTC page. Also have already restarted the system several times but yet no success. As suggested by Pagavan, I even downloaded the latest Sync Manager and tried syncing, yet the same problem with the same error code, 1016.

Any other help please?

This is a well known bug with HTC Sync Manager. No matter you are using Office 2007, 2010 or 2013, if it is 64bit, Sync will not work. Hence until they fix the problem what I can suggest you is better Try to sync your contacts and calendar with Google first and then sync Google with your Outlook. I do the same since months as I too using Windows 7 64 bit with Outlook 2010 64bit. The process is surely bit long and hectic but there is no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    Try to sync your contacts and calendar with Google first and then sync Google with your Outlook.
    Ok, so that is the way it works as of now. Thank you very much for letting me know the same Acacia. Atleast it sounds good.