Thread: Pictures.library-ms is no longer working error on Windows 8

Pictures.library-ms is no longer working error on Windows 8

I am running Windows 8 on my computer and when ever I am trying to open the pictures library in my pc, then I am getting an error message that states "Pictures.library-ms is no longer working. This library can be safely deleted from your computer. Folders that have been included will not be affected." I am not able to take any pictures with the webcam that I have? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: Pictures.library-ms is no longer working error on Windows 8

Can you try to open Windows Explorer and then right clock on Pictures library and then choose to delete it. After that try to right click on the libraries in the navigation pane and then try to choose Restore default libraries. When you will delete a library then it will not delete the contents of the included folders, but you will have to again add or include folders manually.

The solution that you have given doesnt work and it will not recover my libraries. Actually, some of the libraries are custom and not recreated by this solution. I noticed that the libraries are getting throwing this error every other day which is kind of annoying. So can anyone tell me whether there is a way to solve the libraries from being broken? Thanks.

Have you tried to change your name in the Personalize areas? This problem can occur if your name is used similarly into the folders names. This is why the pathways in the library are no longer valid. This problem can also happen with all your folders in the library, so try to follow the method for each folders and re-add them again.