Thread: Where is the setting to edit "All your photo sources are hidden" in photo application

Where is the setting to edit "All your photo sources are hidden" in photo application

Everything was working great on my Windows 8 desktop until last night. Today morning when i started the system and tried accessing few photos using the Photo application from Metro screen, it gave me an error message saying:

"All your photo sources are hidden. To show more, change your settings."

What went wrong over night even though the system was turned Off? I didn't changed any settings. Also all my photos are stored in the same Pictures library where it was before.

Somebody please let me know which settings is it asking me to change? Thank you.

Re: Where is the setting to edit "All your photo sources are hidden" in photo application

Did you tried running the system troubleshooter? If not, run it. Probably the troubleshooter will find and fix the problem automatically. Also make sure library has the pictures and is selected.

Re: Where is the setting to edit "All your photo sources are hidden" in photo application

Hello Laasya, here is the working solution for the same. Just try out these simple steps:
    • Open Photo application from the metro screen.
    • Now bring up the Charm bar by swiping the screen from right side or by typing Windows key + C.
    • Click on Settings > Options.
    • Here make sure the check box for Pictures Library is marked. See the image for more reference:

Thank you very much for the help maq. That really did the work. I don’t know how my Pictures Library was unchecked although it was marked until the night earlier.

Anyways, Help appreciated.