Thread: After updating to skype 4.0 on android cannot get Online, remains invisible

After updating to skype 4.0 on android cannot get Online, remains invisible

I just dont update your Android Skype to version 4 as there are lots of problems. I updated it two days ago and faced several problems. First i was not getting the option to sign out but thanks to the Moderator here letting us know how to do the same. Few more problems but here is the new one and most annoying. Last time when i was logged in on Skype i set my availability to Invisible and later signed out. Today when i logged in back, i found my self invisible but not able to get online anymore. The status is not getting changed to "Available".

I dont know what is wrong. Searching for the older version of skype. Can anyone please provide me the download link for Skype 3.xx (Android)?

Re: After updating to skype 4.0 on android cannot get Online, remains invisible

You should try re-installing the skype again because i didn't faced any such problem. I can go invisible and come back to available anytime without any issue. You can see the image below:

Just make sure that uninstall Skype first and then download it again from the play store.

Hey even I have the same problem. I am using Titanium S5 with Skype 4.0. Mine problem started after updating it to the latest version. I never go invisible or offline. As I have set the apps to auto-update, skype updated itself and put me in invisible mode automatically. Thereafter it is not allowing me to get change the availability. I tried your suggestion, uninstalled and installed Skype again but yet the same problem. What to do now? I will just not format the entire device because of this one app.

Thank you very much for the helps guys. Re-installing fixed the problem. Help appreciated