Thread: Unable to exit or shut down Skype on Android phone

Unable to exit or shut down Skype on Android phone

Yesterday i upgraded my Skype version to the latest release that is v4. To be frank the new skype looks better and works better but creating issues as well. before upgrading to this new version Skype was so easy to use with clean interface and all options easily accessible. After upgrading i spent first 30 minutes to find out from where to sign out the app. Finally i got it. Now i am stuck finding the option to exit skype from the background process but yet unable to get it.

Did anyone else noticed the same? Are you able to exit the app? I am not able to see exit option anywhere in this new version. It keeps running in the background eating up battery, consuming data, and all. Skype team worked hard on this but haven't created trouble as well for us? Can anyone please tell me how can you Turn Off skype completely ?

Re: Unable to exit or shut down Skype on Android phone

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshin View Post
    Are you able to exit the app? I am not able to see exit option anywhere in this new version. It keeps running in the background eating up battery, consuming data, and all.
    Yes, i able to exit the app and it wont run in the background. Doing the same is bit tricky. Here is what you need to do. When you are logged in, tap on the Profile Icon on the top right of the screen, then tap the settings icon at bottom right of the display with 3 dots, tap settings and uncheck the option for "Sign in Automatically". Now go back, tap the settings icon again and sign out. Thats it, tap the Back button 3 to 4 times and skype is gone from the background.

See this image for more help:

In the 3rd image you can see there is no Skype icon in the notification bar.

Wow.. any idea why the developers have made is so tricky this time? I was trying to quit skype since i upgraded to the v4. Thank you Maq for sharing the tip. So far i use to quite it using the task killer on my Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Botan View Post
    Wow.. any idea why the developers have made is so tricky this time?
    Well they haven't made in any tricky. Hope you have used the new Windows 8 OS. Wasn't it very difficult to use in the beginning, but you got used-to with the new interface and now it appears the easiest OS so far (atleast for me). So this is the huge change from the app developers, they doesn't have any thought of making tricky user interface.