Thread: In Internet Explorer 10 Adobe Flash Player is not working

In Internet Explorer 10 Adobe Flash Player is not working

Facing some strange problems with my browser. I have a Adobe Flash player 11.7.700.179 installed on my system with three browsers, IE, Firefox and Chrome. I can browse or watch YouTube without any problem but on the same PC when i use Firefox for youtube or any such websites where Flashplayer is required, it says "I require a Flash Player to view the content." I dont know why though the flash player is already installed.

The thing even gets worse when i try to visit those sites with Internet explorer. Let me tell you that in order to access the secure sites like bank accounts etc, i only prefer IE. When i open those sites in IE, the page loads but in weird style. It wont give me any error message but i am sure it is because of Flash Player.

Most annoying part is though i uninstalled the Flash Player and installed it again, still i get the same problems on both of these browsers. Well Firefox is not my concerned because i can access those websites on Chrome, but fixing the Internet Explorer is much important. Any help regarding the same?

Re: In Internet Explorer 10 Adobe Flash Player is not working

The very first thing i will suggest you is uninstall the Flash Player again. Open Internet Explorer and visit Flash Player download page. This is because Adobe sites recognize your browser and operating system and offer you the exact version required for your system. Though you might have installed the latest version on your system, let me tell you that there is a separate version of Flash Player for IE as you can see in this image:

There is one version for all other browsers and one separately for IE. Bit surprising but fact Install the same and restart the browser. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon banner View Post
    Most annoying part is though i uninstalled the Flash Player and installed it again, still i get the same problems on both of these browsers.
    Re-installing the Flash Player never helps most of the time because when you remove the earlier version it leaves some files and traces in registry which conflicts with the new installation. Hence the re-installation turns into zero. So whenever you need to uninstall the flash player, always make use of an official Uninstaller Tool by Adobe. You can download uninstaller tool from here . This removes all files, folders and traces of the earlier version so that the new installation can take effect.

So download this utility, remove your flash player, download the new/latest version and install. See if that fixes the problem.

For Internet Explorer:
    First of all make sure you have Flash Player plugin installed on Internet Explorer. Check it in Add-ons. Secondly, disable the ActiveX in IE browser. It is well know for messing up with Flash Player. You can do this by going to IE > Tools > Safety. If ActiveX Filtering is selected, clear it. Alternatively you can do this by clicking the gears icon in the upper right corner of the browser, clicking the Safety Menu, and then uncheck the ActiveX Filtering menu item.

For Firefox:
    Click Tools > Add-ons. Make sure shockwave Flash 11.7.700.202 plugin is installed.

I never had any problem with Firefox but once had with Internet explorer just like you. What I did was went to tools and clicked Manage add-ons. I found that Shockwave flash object was enabled. I simply disabled the same. And restarted the browser. Then went to manage add-ons and enabled the flash object again. Restarted the browser again and that’s it. Problem gone. If you want you can give it a try.