Thread: How to export email messages to Outlook 2013 64bit from Windows Live Mail

How to export email messages to Outlook 2013 64bit from Windows Live Mail

Need an urgent help from you all. I am using Windows 7 64bit operating system and was using Windows Live Mail as my default email client. Now due to some official reasons i needed to install and switch to new Outlook 2013 64bit. Now the problem i am facing is am not getting any way to import all my WLM emails to Outlook 2013. Tried few things but it remained unsuccessful every time. You guys know better, hence i request you guys to please provide me step by step way of exporting WLM messages to new Outlook 2013.

Thanks for your helps.

Re: How to export email messages to Outlook 2013 64bit from Windows Live Mail

Actually the problem here is Windows Live Mail use to export files in .EML format but Outlook only supports .PST formats. Hence it has been always problem for importing/exporting files from WLM to Outlook or vice versa. What you need to do is, first export WLM messages in .EML format. Download and Install Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer. Import those messages in Thunderbird and then export them in .PST format. Yes, Thunderbird is compatible with both file formats.

Once you get the PST files, you know how to import it in Outlook, right? If not, then check these articles.

Thank you very much for the help stephenx but due to some unknown reason it is still not getting done. I mean as you suggested i installed Thunderbird and imported all WLM messages successful as well as exported them in PST format. But when i try to import this PSt files in Outlook it is just not able to see it. Though i give the proper path where the PST is saved, Outlook cannot see it.

Any idea what is wrong now? Thanks again.

I did it with an easier way. What i did was downloaded Windows Live Mail. After installing the same, i went to Menu > Import Messages > Outlook Express 6 > Selected all my DBX folders (All folders). Thats it. It will do rest of the parts on its own. Try it.