Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013

Best Windows OS migrating software

Guys I am planning to get a new SSD and rather than installing Windows 8 again I am thinking of migrating it for my HDD to the new SSD. I know doing that is possible but I just want to know which will be the best OS migrating software to choose. I want to know about the paid versions as well as free version of such software?s, thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2013

Re: Best Windows OS migrating software

You should have checked out this forum, there?s already an article for it. Anyways you can go through it now.
How to migrate Windows 8 from HDD to SSD
Below OS migrating software has been discussed in the article, you can download and install the one you like.
Paragon Migrate OS to SSD ? Paid version
AOMEI Partition Assistant ? Free version
Old 07-01-2013

Ill suggest you to go with Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 3.0, it will cost you around $19.95 per license. If you are planning to Migrate OS to SSD then Paragon Migrate OS software will allow you to exclude data during the process and you can also processes locked (in-use) disks with MS VSS so that you can migrate os without rebooting your system. You will have to configure the destination disk as the first boot device in BIOS after the migration process, so make sure that you are not missing that step, as I don?t see it covered in the above article.
Old 07-01-2013

Hey just get Intel SSD and you can use Intel Data Migration Software for migrating Windows 8 operating system to your SSD. One of my friend had bought Intel SSD 335 240 GB and he had used Intel Data Migration Software, everything worked fine and he had no issues in migrating the OS. There are different versions of Intel Data Migration Software, below one is the latest.

File name:tih_s_english_14133.exe
Version:1.1
Date:01/04/2011
Size:93.19 MB
Language:English
Operating Systems: Windows 7 , Windows 8, Windows Vista , Windows XP
Old 09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
There are different versions of Intel Data Migration Software, below one is the latest.

File name:tih_s_english_14133.exe
Version:1.1
Hi,
do you guys have a copy of the tih_s_english_14133.exe file?.

The Intel download site has a newer version, and I need a copy of v1.1
Old 10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelInside View Post
Hi,
do you guys have a copy of the tih_s_english_14133.exe file?.

The Intel download site has a newer version, and I need a copy of v1.1
Even on intel site, it is saying that the file that I am trying to download has either been moved, renamed or archived. So best bet would be please go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com and choose your product to find your download.
Old 10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceman View Post
Even on intel site, it is saying that the file that I am trying to download has either been moved, renamed or archived.
The url you mentioned only provides the latest (v2.0) of the Data Migration Software.

I am hopng that a user still has a copy of the tih_s_english_14133.exe (v1.1) stored on their computer.
Old 10-07-2013

I found a download link of Intel DATA Migration Software 1.1. This is the same version which you are looking for. But I am not sure about the language here. The link which I am offering is from a french website. You can simply try the download and test it. The version is officially discontinued by Intel and in its place they are offering 2.0. I almost scanned the entire web where I landed on fresh download site who was providing this download from their own server. Just download it and try out and let me know that this has helped you or not.

Intel DATA Migration Software 1.1 (14135.exe)
Old 11-07-2013

Thanks for that link Panop.

Fortunately, Je comprends un peu le fran?ais.
Old 11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelInside View Post
Thanks for that link Panop.

Fortunately, Je comprends un peu le fran?ais.
You are welcome and am glad that you have got what you are looking for and also that you know french language as well.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,