Thread: Best and free Windows 8 blu ray software

Best and free Windows 8 blu ray software

I have bought a bluray player and it seems as if its oem version doesn’t support Windows 8. I have tried downloading and installing VLC but it’s not working either. I want to know if there is any other software that can play CyberLink PowerDVD and I compatible with windows 8, I am looking after a free one not paid one, so suggest me accordingly.

Re: Best and free Windows 8 blu ray software

Which version of Windows 8 are you running ?? Have you tried using Windows Media Center?? As far as I am aware it should work and it is available for free as well. I am not running windows 8 currently but I have used Windows Media Center for playing CyberLink PowerDVD’s in windows 8 and I did not had any issue. It might be compatible with all versions of windows 8. Just check it out and let me know if you are able to play CyberLink PowerDVD’s without any issues as such, best of luck.

I am running Windows 8 media center pro and after your suggestion I have tried using Windows Media Center but no avail. It’s not enabling Blu-Ray playback for some unknown reason. I have used Windows Media Center , older version of powerdvd which came with bluray player and PowerDVD 12 but like I said they are just not enabling Blu-Ray playback, let me know if there is any other software that I can check out further.

If you don’t mind paying $9.99, than I will suggest you to check out Nero 12 Platinum. It supports Windows 8 and is capable of playing Blu-ray Discs and 3D Blu-ray Discs. It supports most of the latest video formats. It is compatible with Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Windows Vista SP2 or later (32/64 bit), Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32/64 bit) and Windows 8 (32/64 bit).

Many applications are still not compatible with Windows 8, the only compatible Blu-ray player for Windows 8 I have come across is iDeer Blu-ray Player. It is a universal Blu-ray player and it is supported by windows as well as Mac.
    It has been updated and has been tested with Windows 8 for playing Blu-ray discs. It features multi-functions, advanced technology, multi-language, Most of the media formats, Blu-ray Disc and SNS sharing. It is available for free and you can download its free version from ideerapp site.

Yes iDeer Blu-ray Player is compatible with all versions of windows 8, I am using the same and I haven’t faced any issue in playing Blu-ray discs. Just make sure that your system is fulfilling its requirement.
    Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
    Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz processor or equivalent AMD Athlon processor or higher recommended
    512 MB RAM or higher recommended
    250 MB of free disk space
    A internal or external Blu-ray drive
    In case you have any queries regarding iDeer Blu-ray Player you can post back to me for further help.