Thread: office 2010 en-us setup fails with "The Language of this installation is not supported by your system"

angry office 2010 en-us setup fails with "The Language of this installation is not supported by your system"

Hi,
    I have a sort of similar problem:
    I bought a student version of Ms pro plus en-us for my XP. But at a later stage I installed an international trial version because I needed to type a letter in Russian. Now that I have uninstalled it completely. I can't re-install my en-us version. I get the same error message and the installation won't start. I have tried all the suggested solutions in similar threads. I had a lot of hope in using the Office resource tool kit as suggested by one contributor. But it was pointing to an MS office 2000 resource kit and I can't find one for 2010 because 2000 didn't work, it expected to find an installation on the system. I have used various software to clean the previous installation including the ones referred to similar threads.
    BTW the link to 'How to uninstall or remove Microsoft 2010 suites' is dead.
    I have one other problem and that is once I used explorer to encrypt a folder and ever since then Exel wouldn't load up. I reversed the encryption but Exel still not load. I believe that to be a problem with XP which has gone unnoticed because again I tried all the relevant suggestions with no success. In fact that was yet another reason I want to go back to my en-us full version hoping that would resolve that problem as well.
    I have reset the default language and keyboard to en-us but still no luck.
    Any suggestions?
    Please I have been stuck here for over a month. Meanwhile I am using Google Drive converting the files to Google docs to edit them.

Re: office 2010 en-us setup fails with "The Language of this installation is not supported by your system"

You can try to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 suites with Microsoft Fix it. The Fix it solution for Microsoft Office 2010 suites will remove all Office 2010 editions. This includes all Office 2010 trial editions. To uninstall the 2010 Microsoft Office suite automatically, click the Fix this problem button or link here - http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9737366

Down Re: office 2010 en-us setup fails with "The Language of this installation is not supported by your system"

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried that one as well along with loads of other "cleaners" but I still get the same error.

Re: office 2010 en-us setup fails with "The Language of this installation is not supported by your system"

'How to uninstall or remove Microsoft 2010 suites' is dead.
    It's not, check it out below:
    How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites