Thread: Cannot run superfetch in windows 7

Cannot run superfetch in windows 7

Whenever I am trying to start superfetch in my system running windows 7 than I am getting an error message saying “Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified". I don’t know what’s wrong, is there any workaround that I can try out to run superfetch without any issues?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot run superfetch in windows 7

It seems as if some services of your system have got messed up. Just try starting the service manually. You can try referring below steps for that.
    1. Go to start “Type "Services" without quote and click on OK.
    2. Now check out for "Superfetch" in the list, right click and click on start

I will suggest you to better try out SFC /scannnow command. If there might be anything wrong with your system file than SFC /scannnow command will repair it and fix it as well.

You just have to go to start, click on run, type cmd and click on Ok, once you get Command prompt opened, type SFC /scannnow and hit enter.

Once you do that, a small scanning process. Make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between. Once scanning process gets completed, reboot your system and start Superfetch again.

I have tried following both solutions but they are not making any difference in my case. I am still getting same error message. SFC /scannnow command did not came up with any corrupted files and so.

It seems as if your system has got affected by some kind of antivirus. If you have installed any antivirus then run a through scan and see if it comes up with any malware of virus. Other than this use registry cleaner like CCleaner as there are possibilities your registry might have got corrupted as well. You can use registry cleaning tool for fixing Windows registry errors manually as well as automatically.

No there is no virus in my system, I have run a through scan using Avg and it did not come up with any malware or virus. I have checked about this issue and some people have suggested for repairing windows. It might take long time and I doubt it will work, what do you think??? Should I give it a try??

I am just running out of ideas by now, please help.

Which checking out for this issue ive come across one who has mentioned that software called TweakPrefetch form Major Geeks had helped him out in similar condition.
    1. First download and install TweakPrefetch v5.1.2.1
    2. Run the program, click on Clear Prefetch and disable it
    3. Now click on Superfetch on Applications and restart your computer.
    4. Superfetch will work fine now.

I have Dell inspiron 1750 and I have checked out dell official site for latest wifi driver but they haven’t come up with one compatible with windows 8. They have it for windows 7 64 bit/32 bit and windows vista 64 bit/32 bit. I have tried downloading and installing latest windows 7 64 bit driver manually but I can’t get the wifi working.
    I will contact dell and will find out what they have to say about it.