Thread: In Windows 8 RTM, Acronis True Image Home 2012 won’t work

In Windows 8 RTM, Acronis True Image Home 2012 won’t work

I am trying to use Acronis True Image Home 2012 in my PC which has Windows 8 RTM installed in it. Whenever I try to install it on my computer, it gives me an error message saying that the version of Acronis True Image Home 2012 I am trying to install is incompatible with the version of Windows 8 I am using. Can someone tell me why this is happening? I mean I paid for a software which is totally incompatible with my operating system, this is totally wrong from the developers side.

Re: In Windows 8 RTM, Acronis True Image Home 2012 won’t work

You must be using Windows 8 RTM in your PC which is not the complete version of the operating system. You will have to wait till Windows 8 retail version is released which will provide you full support and features of this operating system. I think it is the RTM version that must be causing this problem. In its final retail version you will be able install Acronis True Image Home 2012 in it. I am sure that this backup software is designed to work with the retail version of Windows 8 and not the RTM version.

I think you should ask the developers regarding this problem. You can send the screenshot of the error messages and also send the details of the purchase. If the problem is regarding incompatibility, I think they will suggest you the same thing, which is use Windows 8 Retail version and not Windows 8RTM version. Other than this, I think that versions like 32-bit and 64-bit must have been mistaken by you. But it is best that you contact the developer’s technical support regarding this issue.

Basically Acronis True Image Home 2012 is built for using it on Linux and then it is ported to Windows operating system. I think it must be some kind of bug or error that is giving this problem to us. There must be some mistake in porting that is making it difficult to use this backup software in Windows 8. I think you should wait for the developers to release some patch or upgrade that will help you solve this problem.

I found the reason why Acronis True Image Home 2012 is not working your PC with Windows 8 in it. The reason was so obvious; I am surprised how we never noticed it before. Actually this version of backup software is never designed for Windows 8. If you want to use, Acronis True Image Home 2012 then you need to have only Windows 7 and no operating system that came after it. If you want to use this same backup software in Windows 8, then you will need to download Acronis True Image Home 2013 for it. This software has the feature to run in Windows 8 without any problems.